Iranian officials on Saturday, October 6 dismissed a New York Times report saying Iran had offered a “nine-step plan” for resolving a standoff with the United States and its allies over its nuclear program, calling the report “baseless,” The New York Times reported. The alleged Iranian plan called for a step-by-step dismantling of the sanctions while the Iranians ended work at one of two sites where they are producing medium-grade uranium. United States officials dismissed the plan as unworkable because Iran could easily restart its program, but the sanctions would take years to reimpose. Iran’s nuclear top negotiator, Saeed Jalili, said Saturday that Iran had never made such an offer. “Iran has never delivered any new proposal other than what had been put forward in talks with the P5+1,” Jalili said, referring to negotiations between Iran and the five permanent members of the U.N. Security Council, plus Germany.