Estate planning is the ultimate value statement you can make to your loved ones and to your community about what is important to you.
The process should be thoughtful and undertaken with care. We can help. Contact us.
Points to Consider Before Making Your Gift
- You have worked a lifetime securing resources for your family. Remember that you also have spent a lifetime thinking of Israel as part of your extended family. Be sure your estate accurately reflects your commitment to your family-including Israel.
- A good estate plan ensures your assets are transferred to whom you want and when you want, including heirs, non-charitable and charitable organizations.
- Your legacy gift to AIPAC can be made charitably through a bequest in your will.
- The majority of charitable gifts at death are made through a will or testamentary trust. Charitable gifts reduce your estate value, helping to minimize estate taxes.
- A will must be properly executed in accordance with the laws of the state in which you lived.
- Without a will or other transfer vehicle in place, the state in which you are living will distribute your assets based on what the legislature thinks is fair. This is called dying intestate.
- No state has an automatic, legislatively derived provision for charity.
- If an estate is taxable, it may be less expensive to transfer assets during one's lifetime than after death. This may be the case even when gift tax considerations are taken into account.
- You can fund your AIPAC Tomorrow gift in other ways too, including retirement assets, life insurance, real estate and stocks and securities. Click here to review Ways to Give.
- In each instance, your legacy gift will help keep Israel safe and strong for generations to come.
- If AIPAC's work has been important to you, you can make your legacy part of Israel's future.
- As you begin to explore an AIPAC Tomorrow gift, you should consult your advisor for legal and tax advice.
- Most professional advisors recommend revisiting your estate plan every three years, or with any life-changing event such as retirement, sale of a business, or the death or birth of a loved one.
- The greatest legacy you can leave future generations is to show them what was important to you.
Learn more about Estate Planning.
The AIPAC Tomorrow Campaign is a planned giving and endowment initiative of the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC-Tax ID: 53-0217164) and its affiliated charitable organization, the American Israel Education Foundation (AIEF- Tax ID 52-1623781).
A Commitment to The AIPAC Tomorrow Campaign helps to ensure that what you care so much about during your lifetime will live on into the future.
Once you have made the decision to make a legacy gift to The AIPAC Tomorrow Campaign, your next step is to choose whether you want your gift to be a charitable or non-charitable contribution.
When we receive your legacy gift, we will care for it responsibly and will strive to have all your wishes for this gift accomplished.