About the AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division
It is AIPAC’s mission to strengthen the bonds between the United States and Israel by educating and lobbying decision makers about the vital importance of ensuring the Jewish State’s safety and security through strong U.S. support. Critical to AIPAC’s success is the continual identification, recruitment, cultivation, education and engagement of Pro-Israel advocates and leaders. The mission of the AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division is to assist in these efforts through fostering Pro-Israel political activism, building club-level membership and increasing awareness of AIPAC throughout the legal community.
To join the AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division, you must be an AIPAC Club Member and a part of the legal community. Benefits include access to exclusive AIPAC Legal Division events, insider briefings and the annual AIPAC Legal Division Luncheon. Join Now.
Please contact Erica Solomon in the Los Angeles office at email@example.com or 323.937.1184 for more information.
Upcoming Legal Division Events
August 6, 2014- AIPAC LA Legal Division Cocktail Reception at Mr. C Beverly Hills Hotel
Past Legal Division Events
On Thursday, May 1, greater Los Angeles hosted over 250 distinguished members of the legal community gathered for the Annual AIPAC Legal Division Luncheon at the Hyatt Regency Century City. Western States Director, Elliot Brandt, opened the lunch with a brief overview of the latest developments in the Middle East and highlighted AIPAC’s successes in safeguarding the U.S.-Israel alliance. AIPAC National Council Member, Richard Pachulski, thanked everyone in attendance for proudly demonstrating the commitment of the legal community to ensuring Israel’s security. He shared his own story about how he got involved with AIPAC as a political activist and encouraged the attendees to participate in pro-Israel politics and deepen their engagement as a leader in the movement.
AIPAC Los Angeles Chair and AIPAC National Board Member, Mike Tuchin, introduced the keynote speaker, Col. Daniel Reisner, former head of the International Law Branch of the IDF Legal Division. Col. Reisner shared his great insights about AIPAC’s effectiveness and captivated the crowd with stories about his time as a soldier, a senior member of Israel's peace delegations with both Jordan and the Palestinians, and a defender of Israel against international lawsuits as part of the boycott, divestment, sanctions movement.
• October 2013- Legal Division lunch at Mr. C Beverly Hills with Jeremy Bash, former chief of staff to Secretary of Defense and CIA Director Leon Panetta.
• June 2013- Annual AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division Luncheon at the Beverly Hilton with the Honorable Shelley Berkley, former member of the United States House of Representatives from Nevada’s 1st District, and Rob Bassin, AIPAC National Political Director.
• October 2012- Legal Division lunch at the Beverly Hilton featuring AIPAC chief lobbyist Ambassador Brad Gordon.
• December 2012- Exclusive conference call with AIPAC In-House Counsel/Legal Advisor on Policy and Government Affairs Keath Blatt.
• July 2012- Exclusive conference call with Ambassador Dennis Ross.
• April 2012- Inaugural AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division Luncheon with 250 industry leaders at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel featuring Dr. Tal Becker, Principal Deputy Legal Adviser at the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
• October 2011- Introductory lunch at Hillcrest Country Club featuring AIPAC’s Executive Director Howard Kohr.
AIPAC Policy Conference 2015
This year’s AIPAC Policy Conference, March 1-3, 2015 in Washington, D.C. is a unique opportunity to hear from America’s most influential leaders and policy makers at the largest gathering of the pro-Israel movement. Over three jam-packed days, Policy Conference attendees choose from hundreds of informative sessions and participate in the community's most important advocacy day as thousands of AIPAC activists from all 50 states ascend Capitol Hill to conduct lobbying meetings with all 100 senators and every House member.
Please register now to join other AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division members in Washington, D.C. Register by November 14, 2014 to take advantage of the “early bird discount” and save $100.