About the AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division
It is AIPAC’s mission to strengthen the bonds between the United States and Israel by educating and lobbying decision makers about the vital importance of ensuring the Jewish State’s safety and security through strong U.S. support. Critical to AIPAC’s success is the continual identification, recruitment, cultivation, education and engagement of Pro-Israel advocates and leaders. The mission of the AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division is to assist in these efforts through fostering Pro-Israel political activism, building club-level membership and increasing awareness of AIPAC throughout the legal community.
To join the AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division, you must be an AIPAC Club Member and a part of the legal community. Benefits include access to exclusive AIPAC Legal Division events, insider briefings and the annual AIPAC Legal Division Luncheon. Join Now.
Please contact Erica Solomon in the Los Angeles office at email@example.com or 323.937.1184 for more information.
Upcoming Legal Division Events
You are cordially invited to the AIPAC Los Angeles
Join us for an exclusive program with
leaders of the pro-Israel legal community.
Maj. Gen. (ret.) Amos Yadlin
Director, Institute for National Security Studies, Tel Aviv University
Wednesday, August 19, 2015
Hors d'Oeuvres & Reception 6:30 p.m.
Program 7:15 p.m.
Click here to add to your calendar.
SLS Hotel Beverly Hills
465 S La Cienega Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Hors d’Oeuvres will be served
Dietary laws observed
This event is complimentary. Advanced reservations are required.
Kindly RSVP by visiting www.aipac.org/LALegal by August 11.
For questions, please contact Talia Burstein.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (323) 937-1184
This event is exclusively for AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division members who contribute a minimum of $1,800 annually. Since AIPAC is a registered lobby, contributions are not tax-deductible
About our Speaker
Maj. Gen. (ret.) Amos Yadlin is the director of Tel Aviv University’s Institute for National Security Studies (INSS), the leading strategic think tank in Israel. Prior to his appointment in 2011 as the director of INSS, Yadlin joined the Washington Institute for Near East Policy as the Kay Fellow on Israeli national security.
Yadlin served for over 40 years in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF), 10 of them as a member of the IDF General Staff. From 2006 to 2010, Yadlin served as the IDF’s chief of defense intelligence. From 2004 to 2006, he served as the IDF attaché to the United States. In 2002, he earned the rank of major general and was named commander of the IDF Military Colleges and the National Defense College.
A former deputy commander of the Israel Air Force (IAF), Yadlin has commanded two fighter squadrons and two airbases, and served as head of the IAF Planning Department. He accumulated about 5,000 flight hours and flew more than 250 combat missions behind enemy lines. Yadlin participated in the Yom Kippur War (1973), Operation Peace for Galilee (1982) and Operation Tamuz – the destruction of the Osirak nuclear reactor in Iraq (1981).
Yadlin holds a bachelor’s degree in economics and business administration from Ben-Gurion University of the Negev and a master’s degree in public administration from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University.
Yadlin has written on national security, force development, intelligence, civil-military relations and the military ethics of fighting terror.
Past Legal Division Events
•May 2015-AIPAC Annual Legal Division Gala at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza featuring Gil Troy, a professor of history at McGill University and a research fellow in the Shalom Hartman Institute’s Engaging Israel Program.
•October 2014- Legal Division Luncheon at Mr. C Beverly Hills featuring Ambassador Dore Gold, former permanent representative of Israel to the United Nations.
• August 2014- Legal Division Cocktail Reception featuring Ambassador Brad Gordon, AIPAC Director of Policy and Government Affairs.
• May 2014- Annual AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division Luncheon at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza featuring Col. Daniel Reisner, former head of the International Law Branch of the IDF Legal Division.
• October 2013- Legal Division lunch at Mr. C Beverly Hills with Jeremy Bash, former chief of staff to Secretary of Defense and CIA Director Leon Panetta.
• June 2013- Annual AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division Luncheon at the Beverly Hilton with the Honorable Shelley Berkley, former member of the United States House of Representatives from Nevada’s 1st District, and Rob Bassin, AIPAC National Political Director.
• October 2012- Legal Division lunch at the Beverly Hilton featuring AIPAC chief lobbyist Ambassador Brad Gordon.
• December 2012- Exclusive conference call with AIPAC In-House Counsel/Legal Advisor on Policy and Government Affairs Keath Blatt.
• July 2012- Exclusive conference call with Ambassador Dennis Ross.
• April 2012- Inaugural AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division Luncheon with 250 industry leaders at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel featuring Dr. Tal Becker, Principal Deputy Legal Adviser at the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
• October 2011- Introductory lunch at Hillcrest Country Club featuring AIPAC’s Executive Director Howard Kohr.
AIPAC Policy Conference 2016
This year’s AIPAC Policy Conference, March 20-22, 2016 in Washington, D.C. is a unique opportunity to hear from America’s most influential leaders and policy makers at the largest gathering of the pro-Israel movement. Over three jam-packed days, Policy Conference attendees choose from hundreds of informative sessions and participate in the community's most important advocacy day as thousands of AIPAC activists from all 50 states ascend Capitol Hill to conduct lobbying meetings with all 100 senators and every House member.
Please register now to join other AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division members in Washington, D.C. Register by November 13, 2015 to take advantage of the “early bird discount” and save $100.