About the AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division
It is AIPAC’s mission to strengthen the bonds between the United States and Israel by educating and lobbying decision makers about the vital importance of ensuring the Jewish State’s safety and security through strong U.S. support. Critical to AIPAC’s success is the continual identification, recruitment, cultivation, education and engagement of Pro-Israel advocates and leaders. The mission of the AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division is to assist in these efforts through fostering Pro-Israel political activism, building club-level membership and increasing awareness of AIPAC throughout the legal community.
To join the AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division, you must be an AIPAC Club Member and a part of the legal community. Benefits include access to exclusive AIPAC Legal Division events, insider briefings and the annual AIPAC Legal Division Luncheon. Join Now.
Please contact Erica Solomon in the Los Angeles office at email@example.com or 323.937.1184 for more information.
Upcoming Legal Division Events
|Save the Date
|2015 AIPAC Los Angeles
LEGAL DIVISION LUNCHEON
Professor of History at McGill University
Tuesday, May 12, 2015
11:45 a.m. • Hyatt Regency Century Plaza
2025 Avenue of the Stars • Los Angeles, CA 90067
Formal Invitation to Follow
For additional information, please call
(323) 937-1184 or email LA-Office@aipac.org.
About our speaker
Gil Troy is a professor of history at McGill University and a research fellow in the Shalom Hartman Institute’s Engaging Israel Program. A presidential historian specializing in the Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton presidencies, he is the author of eight books and has edited two others, including the most recent, Moynihan’s Moment: America’s Fight against Zionism as Racism.
Troy writes regularly for the Jerusalem Post, Open Zion, Jewish Week and Canadian Jewish News. He has been an occasional contributor to the “Campaign Stops” section of The New York Times and has been widely published and quoted in the American and Canadian media.
A graduate of Harvard University, with bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees in history from there, Troy has been teaching at McGill since 1990. He has served as department chairman and in March 1999 he was promoted to full professor. Maclean’s magazine has repeatedly identified him as one of McGill’s “Popular Profs,” and the History News Network designated him one of its first twelve “Top Young Historians.”
Troy has been extensively involved in the Jewish community, and the worldwide fight against the delegitimization of Israel. Long involved in informal Jewish education, he chairs the Zionist Education Task Force of the Global Coalition for Israel, sponsored by the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations and Israel’s Ministry of Strategic Services and chairs the Birthright Israel International Education Committee.
Past Legal Division Events
• October 2014- Legal Division Luncheon at Mr. C Beverly Hills featuring Ambassador Dore Gold, former permanent representative of Israel to the United Nations.
• August 2014- Legal Division Cocktail Reception featuring Ambassador Brad Gordon, AIPAC Director of Policy and Government Affairs.
• May 2014- Annual AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division Luncheon at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza featuring Col. Daniel Reisner, former head of the International Law Branch of the IDF Legal Division.
• October 2013- Legal Division lunch at Mr. C Beverly Hills with Jeremy Bash, former chief of staff to Secretary of Defense and CIA Director Leon Panetta.
• June 2013- Annual AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division Luncheon at the Beverly Hilton with the Honorable Shelley Berkley, former member of the United States House of Representatives from Nevada’s 1st District, and Rob Bassin, AIPAC National Political Director.
• October 2012- Legal Division lunch at the Beverly Hilton featuring AIPAC chief lobbyist Ambassador Brad Gordon.
• December 2012- Exclusive conference call with AIPAC In-House Counsel/Legal Advisor on Policy and Government Affairs Keath Blatt.
• July 2012- Exclusive conference call with Ambassador Dennis Ross.
• April 2012- Inaugural AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division Luncheon with 250 industry leaders at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel featuring Dr. Tal Becker, Principal Deputy Legal Adviser at the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
• October 2011- Introductory lunch at Hillcrest Country Club featuring AIPAC’s Executive Director Howard Kohr.
AIPAC Policy Conference 2016
This year’s AIPAC Policy Conference, March 20-22, 2016 in Washington, D.C. is a unique opportunity to hear from America’s most influential leaders and policy makers at the largest gathering of the pro-Israel movement. Over three jam-packed days, Policy Conference attendees choose from hundreds of informative sessions and participate in the community's most important advocacy day as thousands of AIPAC activists from all 50 states ascend Capitol Hill to conduct lobbying meetings with all 100 senators and every House member.
Please register now to join other AIPAC Los Angeles Legal Division members in Washington, D.C. Register by November 13, 2015 to take advantage of the “early bird discount” and save $100.