A gift of your unused retirement assets allows you to enjoy the comfortable retirement you've always planned, while supporting AIPAC's critical work for generations.
Many people are surprised to learn just how easy and beneficial this type of gift can be. Your retirement assets are the most costly of your estate assets to transfer to your heirs, yet the most tax-advantaged to establish a legacy gift.
Why Wait? Fund Your AIPAC Tomorrow legacy gift today and start saving taxes!
If you are over the age of 70 ½, your retirement assets can now provide the following options to benefit the educational programs funded through AIPAC's affiliated charitable organization, the American Israel Education Foundation (AIEF), while doing so in a tax-advantaged way. The IRA Charitable Rollover now allows charitable donations to be made directly from your IRAs to AIEF for up to $100,000. If you and your spouse are both 70 ½, you may each be eligible to make such a gift. This type of donation can also be used to satisfy your annual Required Minimum Distribution amount.
Make a Gift of Unused Retirement Assets
Many people are dismayed to learn that naming their heirs as beneficiaries of their unused retirement assets is the least desirable estate plan. These assets may be taxed twice when left to anyone other than a spouse.
Naming AIPAC's affiliated charitable organization as the primary or secondary beneficiary of these remaining assets ensures that 100 percent of your unused retirement savings are put to good use.
Benefits of a Gift of Unused Retirement Assets
- Avoid double taxation on your retirement assets, including any deferred income tax or applicable estate taxes.
- This is a gift that you can leave without depleting what you and your spouse may need during your lifetime.
- Your heirs can benefit from other estate assets and you can still make a legacy gift that reflects your values.
Keep in mind, just as with other endowment contributions, a gift of retirement assets cannot be made in lieu of your annual AIPAC donation.
Benefits of a Gift of an IRA Charitable Rollover
- This gift can be counted toward your IRA Required Minimum Distribution.
- Your excess retirement assets can help strengthen the U.S.-Israel relationship today.
Learn more about how to give a gift of retirement assets – download the PDF.